We've created this guide for players who may be experiencing issues when trying to launch or play Second Extinction. A common issue is that players don't have their dedicated graphics card set to run Second Extinction. To be able to play the game, you need a dedicated graphics card and have it set to run Second Extinction.
For Nvidia Graphics Cards
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop
- Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings
- Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select SecondExtinction_F.exe. If you can't find the game in your drop-down menu, then press "Add", locate the folder where the game is installed, and then choose "SecondExtinction_F.exe"
- From the second option "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program", select High-performance Nvidia processor from the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting).
For AMD Graphics Card Users
- Right click your desktop and open the AMD Radeon Software.
- In Radeon Software, click on the Gear Icon and select Graphics from the sub-menu, then choose advanced.
- Click on GPU Workload and select the desired setting (default is to set to Graphics). NOTE! In systems with more than one AMD Radeon™ GPU installed, GPU Workload setting will apply to all AMD Radeon™ GPUs
- Click OK to restart Radeon software for the change to take effect.
- When finished, you may close Radeon Software.