We created this support article to explain matchmaking in Second Extinction. All multiplayer in Second Extinction requires an internet connection. If you found a bug occurring in multiplayer, you can report it to the Support team here.
Table of contents
1. How does matchmaking work?
- The player gets added to a party in deployment (that is looking for a random player)
- The player joins a party in the lobby screen (that was also looking for a party)
- Another player will join your party (that was looking for a party or also in deployment looking for a random player)
- You join another party also in deployment.
- (note that for each result you will not change mission type)
2. Can I play the game solo?
It is possible to play solo, but you will have a hard time in the more difficult areas of the game. We recommend you use matchmaking if none of your friends are available to play with you.
3. Will there be couch co-op/split screen?
Second Extinction will currently does not have plans to support couch co-op, only online multiplayer.
4. I cannot connect to my friend's game. What can I do?
There could be multiple reasons for this, but to start with, check that your Steam status is online and that you aren’t experiencing low network connectivity. Additionally, you won’t be able to accept a game invitation until after you have booted up the game and entered the lobby. If you accept the invitation before you’ve booted up the game for the first time and created your account, you won’t be able to join the game.