We created this support article to explain matchmaking in Second Extinction. All multiplayer in Second Extinction requires an internet connection. If you found a bug occurring in multiplayer, you can report it to the Support team here.
Table of contents
1. What is Second Extinction?
Second Extinction is a 3 person co-op shooter where you and two other players fight to retake earth from mutated dinosaurs. The focus is on an intense action experience where you through grit, tactics, and bullets overcome the enemy.
2. Who am I playing as in Second Extinction?
You can play from one of four starting Heroes - Ortega, Rosy, Jurgen, and Amir. They all have unique abilities that will aid you and your friends in battle. Classes alter weapons and loadout, Rosy falls into our Enforcer class, Amir is an Operative and Ortega and Jurgen are Troopers.
3. Who am I fighting in Second Extinction?
Evil Mutated dinosaurs have taken over Earth and you need to take the planet back. However, they have a few tricks up their sleeve. Slowly but surely, mutations have changed your enemies making them even stronger and more aggressive. There will be a diverse set of enemies to challenge you in their own way. Different areas of the map and the region's current threat level will alter what types you will come across.
4. On which platforms can I play Second Extinction?
Second Extinction is currently in development for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC.
5. Where can I buy Second Extinction?
You can buy Second Extinction on Steam here.
6. How can I join the Second Extinction community?
We recommend joining the Second Extinction by joining our Discord here. We also have an official Second Extinction forum here.
7. Who is developing Second Extinction?
The game is developed by Systemic Reaction, a new division under Avalanche Studios Group. You can find more information on us here.
8. At what point of development is this game in?
Second Extinction is currently in Early Access, which means that new content and features are continuing to be added to the game , alongside bug fixing, balancing, and fine tuning everything. Your feedback will help shape the the development of the game up to and following full launch.
9. Is there a minimum spec for running the game on PC?
Yes, our min spec is as follows:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 (64-Bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or AMD R9 280 3GB
- Storage: 30 GB available space
10. Do I have to be online to play the game?
Yes, Second Extinction is an online game and will require you to be connected to the internet.
11. Will you be able to play as the Dinosaurs?
No, you will not be able to play as the dinosaurs.
12. Can I customize my character?
Players can unlock skins for their characters and weapons as well a emotes to perform. They can also earn unique nameplates for their profile, primarily won by being the best at certain tasks within missions. Check the post-game score screen to see who won those titles and check your profile page to see your personal best.
13. How do I give feedback to the developers?
While we always appreciate your feedback and will try to collect it anywhere you might put it, the best place to give us your feedback is through discord (https://discord.gg/secondextinction) or via a google form here. In Discord, please use the channel "game-feedback" to help us keep track of your feedback.
14. My game is crashing, what can I do?
There can be many reasons why your game might be crashing. Please refer to this support article here for troubleshooting tips.
15. I would like a refund for the game, where can I request one?
While we cannot help you directly, you can refund the game via Steam as per their usual terms and conditions.
16. Have questions about Avalanche Apex Connect?
If you have further questions about Avalanche Apex Connect, please refer to the support article here.
17. Have questions about multiplayer?
If you have further questions about how multiplayer works, then please look at the support article here.